Interesting / Famous Quotes about Drugs
Below are a collection of funny and serious quotes about drugs made by famous and prominent people down the ages. Some of old some are more recent. Send us your favourites to add to this page:
- Whoever it was brought house music and Ecstasy together is
a total genius and I want to shake that man's hand.
Anonymous, The Face, Nov. 1991
- I don't do drugs. I am drugs.
- All drugs of any interest to any moderately intelligent person in America are now illegal.
- Don't do drugs because if you do drugs you'll go to prison, and drugs are really expensive in prison.
- If God dropped acid, would he see people?
- Did you know America ranks the lowest in education but the highest in drug use? It's nice to be number one, but we can fix that. All we need to do is start the war on education. If it's anywhere near as successful as our war on drugs, in no time we'll all be hooked on phonics.
- Reality is a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs.
- I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police.
- Cocaine is God's way of saying you're making too much money.
- I will lift up mine eyes unto the pills. Almost everyone takes them, from the humble aspirin to the multi-coloured, king-sized three deckers, which put you to sleep, wake you up, stimulate and soothe you all in one. It is an age of pills.
- LSD is known to induce psychosis, in people who have never used it.
- The chemistry lesson from last century is that no drug has ever caused as much problems as the attempts to rescue us from them.
Arnold Trebach, professor emeritus, American University.
- Animal rights people are historically overt abusers of substances, but you know; if you took as much LSD as Paul McCartney you wouldn't eat anything with a face either.
- Laws are like sausages, you respect them more if you haven't actually seen how they are made.
- Acid wasn't getting a whole lot of bad press at the time, and as I saw the whole bad-press thing happen, I became aware that the government had done a whole lie on all the other benign drugs as well. It became clear to me that the government wanted no real drug education.
- Addiction should never be treated as a crime. It has to be treated as a health problem. We do not send alcoholics to jail in this country. Over 500,000 people are in our jails who are non violent drug users.
Ralph Nader USA
- Annual drug deaths: tobacco: 395,000, alcohol: 125,000,
'legal' drugs: 38,000, illegal drug overdoses: 5,200, marijuana:
0. Considering government subsidies of tobacco, just what is our government
protecting us from in the drug war?
Ralph Nader USA
- Drug misuse is not a disease, it is a decision, like the decision to step out in front of a moving car. You would call that not a disease but an error of judgement.
-Dick, Philip K(indred)
- Run for office? No. I've slept with too many women, I've done too many drugs, and I've been to too many parties.
George Clooney Quotes - Actors
Whilst we endeavour to check the information contained in these pages we do not
guarantee the accuracy of
any of the information contained here in, nor do we condone the taking of
Please do make further research where necessary on other
internet sites. We have a page of useful links.
Get insider tips, offers &
event news. Includes our "Top Ten Best Rave..." series of emails